Sunday, May 17, 2009

worm poop!

So I have to admit that I have just gotten about half an hour of way too much fun playing with a box full of worms. I've been doing worm composting for about a month(? two?) and was a tiny bit worried that the food I'd been putting in was rotting and not getting eaten.

I need not have feared.

Most of the bedding and what little food there still was went back on into the box and I got my first little batch of castings! I only have a few potted plants upon which to bestow my gardener's gold, but man am I super excited about it. I hope this helps my tomatoes and peppers grow up giant and tasty!

What can I say? sometimes I am a giant dork about stuff. I guess we can add playing with worms to the list of things I dork out about!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! Worms are such great creatures :) YAY for yummy tomatoes and peppers!!

    ReplyDelete